Vélocity Bicycle Cooperative is seeking interested applicants for our board of directors!
Help us Grow! Vélocity Bicycle Cooperative has spent the past six months establishing our first 1 and 3 year strategic plan for how we plan to continue expanding the mission of growing and empowering a more inclusive bicycling community through education and affordability.
We’re looking for additional board members to help support our Strategic Roadmap. Board meetings occur every six weeks. Board members typically contribute 5-10 hours a month of their time in furthering our mission.
Who would be a great candidate? Someone who is:
– Interested in helping build community support and raise awareness to help build a bicycling community in Alexandria,
– Experienced with social media,
– Able to engage local business associations for partnerships, and/or
– Support annual fundraising events and initiatives, promoting events.
Previous experience is preferable but not required.
– Let us know why you’re interested in joining our organization and how you think you can help and
– What kind of bike do you ride
– Let’s meet to review the strategic plan and determine if it’s a good fit. Interested? Please send us a message! firstname.lastname@example.org