Help us Grow! Vélocity Bicycle Cooperative has spent the past year establishing our first comprehensive strategic plan for how we plan to continue expanding the mission of growing and empowering a more inclusive bicycling community through education and affordability. For more information about Velocity, please see our website: velocitycoop.org.
We’re looking for additional board members to help support our Organizational Development effort. Board meetings occur once a month. Board members typically contribute at least 10 hours a month of their time in furthering our mission.
Who would be a great candidate? Someone who is:
- Interested in helping build community support and raise awareness to help build a bicycling community in Alexandria,
- Experienced with social media,
- Able to engage local business associations for partnerships, and/or
- Support annual fundraising events and initiatives, promoting events.
Previous experience is preferable but not required.
- Let us know why you’re interested in joining our organization and how you think you can help
- What kind of bike do you ride
- Let’s meet to review the strategic plan and determine if it’s a good fit. Interested? Please send us a message or e-mail email@example.com.