To achieve our mission we seek to be inclusive and welcoming to all volunteers and customers. We do not tolerate discrimination because of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, maturity level, bicycle knowledge, religion or political viewpoints. We do, however, have a social and political viewpoint that favors the bicycle and all forms of human-powered, non-polluting, and eco-friendly transportation. If you see or hear something questionable going on that you think violates this policy you should address it directly or contact a Volunteer Coordinator or a Board member.
- We enter with a commitment to mutual respect, mutual aid, anti-oppression advocacy, conflict resolution, anti-violence, and community building.
- We respect everyone’s names, preferred gender pronouns, expressed identities and experiences.
- We support the empowerment of each person and group.
- We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible; physically, socially, and personally.
- We are peaceful and honest.
- We respect each others bodies and spaces.
- We commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
- We accept a shared responsibility to hold ourselves and one another accountable for these agreements’ intent.
- We encourage open minds and open hearts.
- We promote inclusive learning spaces and questions in the spirit of personal growth.
*By volunteering at VéloCity you are agreeing to the Safe Space Policy.